Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 2- Open Faced HUMMAS Sandwiches- RAW VEGAN


This has to be one of my favorite raw vegan recipes so far.  I love making dishes that really do taste like the original or better.  Hummus is such a popular dip or spread for a sandwich, but is made with beans. Since I do not eat beans, I decided to make my version the same way i would normally make hummus, but with zucchini instead of the beans! OMG was it amazing....honestly it tasted so close to the original that most people probably would have no idea it was made with zucchini.  I had this for lunch over some sliced tomatoes and other veggies on top like an open faced sandwich.  Feel free to serve as a dip to a crudite platter at a party or for a snack.  The kids willl like this too:)

Hummus y= 3cups

3 ea zucchini, peeled and rough chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon
2T tahini, untoasted
2ea garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste

step1- put all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth
step2- taste for seasoning and enjoy anyway you'd like:)

No comments:

Post a Comment