Thursday, May 24, 2012

RAWFOODFORKIDS is for EVERYONE!!!

      RAWFOODFORKIDS is for EVERYONE!!! Hi there. My name is Lisa and i'm a proud mom of 3 little girls all under the age of three.  I have always loved being in the kitchen creating new and exciting meals/dishes for myself and others.  Over the years I have worked in many restaurants doing almost everything, including going to Culinary school at the Culinary Institute of America in NY.
    Over the years i have always tried to stay on top of food trends, health and fitness.  I usually would prepare most of my meals myself in order to keep them fairly healthy and keep cost down too.  During this time in my life i ate almost everything (stayed away from fast food and fried stuff).  I would never imagine that 10 years later i would be married with 3 girls and be eating 90% raw fruits and vegetables.
     My transition to raw foods happened in Dec.2011 when Jenn and I decided to get our cholesterol checked.  Mine was actually very normal, but Jenn's was 219 and the doctor wanted to put her on medicine.  I knew fruits and vegetables did not have Cholesterol, so we decided to do the vegan thing for 3 months and see if her cholesterol would drop.  After 3 months of eating a plant based cooked diet, Jenns cholesterol droped 22Points!!!!!
     We felt so good eating this way, that we decided to continue with this lifesytle.  We slowly started to incorporate more raw fruits and vegetables into our diet in place of cooked after i was reminded several times by other raw foodies that you lose up to 85-95% of all nutrients once something is cooked passed 118 degrees. We made the switch to be healthier and now we only eat of fruits and veggies raw:)
      These fruits and veggies have brought life back into my life and i feel like a kid again. I also wanted to be able to get my kids involved and have them be excited about these foods too.  Hence Rawfoodforkids was born.  Here i can make healthy foods for me, my family, friends and you.  My goal is to help everyone get inspired in the kichen and learn new fun ways to eat fruits and vegetables.  I also share any tips related to food and health that might be benificial to you too.
     Thanks so much for watching my videos. I enjoy the comments you post. Please feel free to share a recipe or tip i post to a friend AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO EAT HAPPY FOODS!!!
Lisa Rovick

No comments:

Post a Comment