Wednesday, June 6, 2012

CHARLESTON PRALINE RECIPE-Raw Vegan


This is one of my favorite treats when i walk the streets of downtown Charleston! You can find a dozen or so sweet shops that make pralines and will willingly give you a sample:) However they are very rich and unhealthy, usually made from Butter, Cream, Pecans and Sugar!! I wanted to make a healther version that was easy to prepare.  I can tell you that i have had my fair share of pralines and this raw food version is just as Good.  It still has a wonderfull sweetness from the honey and dates, so it will satisfy anyones sweet tooth!! You can whip a batch up in minutes and even get your kids to help...no cooking here:) Enjoy

Charleston Pralines y= 4 pralines

1/2 c Dates, pitted
1/2c Pecans, rough chopped (large pieces)
2 T  Raw Honey
1 T Coconut Oil

step 1- Add the dates, honey and coconut oil to the food processor
step2- Pulse the mixture until it is a paste and smooth
step 3- Spread the pecans on a cutting board and divide the date mixture in 4 and put on pecans
step 4- Press the nuts into the pralines so they are coated on both sides.
step 5- leave out or refridgerate for firmer pralines and ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

  1. I knew this article and i am really interest in this post and site. So i need some other important article in this site,because i want to busy at this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love it! Sooo easy! I was looking for hazelnuss praline though, but this seems fantastic too.. And coming from Greece, I find your accent very genuine and cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! I hope you enjoy them. Feel free to try the recipe using hazelnuts. I bet that will be great too! take care. Lisa

      Delete
  3. I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job. Web Designing

    ReplyDelete